Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Washington DC











Robert had meetings in Washington DC the first week of December. So as a Christmas present to me, his parents sent me along. I took a week off of school and was hoping to spend a few days doing genealogy in the National Archives. However, we got FOGGED in in SLC. Can you believe that. They cancelled our flight out due to fog. We did finally get out on Monday but then we spent the full day on an airplane or in Denver Airport. I was bummed! We made it to our hotel around midnight only to find out that our room was not ready (it was missing a door). So for our convenience they put is up in the "Club" rooms on the twelfth floor. It was so special that you had to swipe a card to get to that floor. Talk about awkward! The hotel was beautiful but we probably would have been more comfortable on the regular floors. However, we did find out that only on that floor, if you swiped your card again, you could get into a "Club" room where we could have free breakfast, snacks, juices, cookies, etc. It was pretty fancy. In fact, it was so fancy that we decided that we'd never have another experience like it. I made Robert buy me room service breakfast, just so that I could say that I had actually had room service before. Weird, huh???

No comments: