Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pine Tree Cemetery - Brainerd, MN



When Grandma Peterson passed away in 1996, I felt a strong urge to copy all of her Book of Remembrances. I did not know why. I cared nothing for genealogy. But I listened to the spirit and copied everything. Including an old deed for a cemetary plot. I destinctly having to talk myself into copying it because I felt that it was of no worth. Well, what do I know? Anyhow, This deed has probably proved to be one of the most valuable pieces of information that I did copy that day. Anyhow, to make a long story short, Seth and Bert, humored me and let me stop and see this cemetery on our way home from Grandma Stoehr's funeral. Our Great Great Grandpa Philip Harmon is buried here, as is his wife and one month old son that was no where in our genealogy. There are no head stones on these graves but the sexton was kind enough to humor me and brave the rain and come and show us where the graves where located. It was such a neat experience for me. Thanks guys!!!!

1 comment:

Linda Peterson said...

Yeah! Corri. I'm so glad you love genealogy. Keep up the good work!